Dr. Richard Hamlet
President and CEO, Global Ministries Foundation
Dr. Hamlet is the Founder and Chairman/President of Global Ministries Foundation. He oversees the day to day affairs of the organization and the GMF staff, professional men and women of integrity who demonstrate the highest level of excellence in their labors. Dr. Hamlet is actively involved in the accumulation of funds entrusted to the foundation, the investigation of prospective mission/ministry candidates, and the selection and funding of specific ministries. He also reviews and monitors existing ministry initiatives, organizations, and projects to ensure the highest level of biblical stewardship of funds entrusted to GMF.
Dr. Hamlet utilizes proven outside ministry consultants to facilitate the overall ministry plan of GMF and works together with the other board members to ensure GMF fulfills its God-given purpose and mission.
- Ordained Baptist minister
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Rhodes College, Memphis, TN
- Master of Divinity, Luther Rice Seminary, Atlanta GA
- Doctor of Ministry, Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Kansas City, MO
- Previously served in pastorate and ministry staff positions in churches located in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Georgia
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Tennessee (inactive)
- Formerly certified by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), active presently, currently a member of the CFA Institute, a Wall Street affinity investment professional association
- Experience as investment professional for fifteen years prior to ordination to Gospel ministry in 1997
- Former President of the Conference of Southern Baptist Evangelists (COSBE)
- Past President of the Fellowship of Baptist World Ministries under GMF membership
- Past President of the Fellowship of Tennessee Baptist Evangelists
- Executive Team, Stephen Olford Ministry Legacy
- Host, Ministry in the Marketplace Radio Program